Goods are transported by land, sea and air.
Our experts are at your disposal to insure you against basic damages, with insurance solutions designed specially to meet your risk.
Transport insurance offers worldwide insurance coverage that protects your goods against the dangers associated with transport and storage. It offers your company insurance coverage for the duration of the insurance policy against:
- Damage during storage
- Damage from loading and unloading
- Contributions to accidents
- Damage prevention and mitigation costs
- Costs of investigating and establishing damage
- Transportation and storage/warehouse goods
- Aside from and in addition to the goods, anticipated profit, added value, customs duties, freight, taxes and levies and other costs may also be taken into account.
The following are also insured
- Consequential damage and property loss
Important to know:
Either an A) ongoing insurance policy or b) individual insurance policy (a trip or specific period) can be taken out.
- Transport insurance can generally provide coverage for any policyholder who has a well-founded legal or economic interest in the goods. This may be the seller, the buyer or the financing bank.
The insurance covers the liability of the freight forwarder under transportation contracts (forwarding, freight and storage contracts) on the basis of statutory provisions (e.g. German Commercial Code, CMR) or generally accepted terms and conditions (ADSp).